Beckem turned 20 months old today and we couldn't love him more! He is turning into such a big boy that it makes us so sad but he is seriously so funny that there never is a dull moment. He has the cutest personality and is Mr. Social. He loves to give everyone "pound" with his fist and give them a big squeeze along with a friendly "Hi" as he tilts his head and smiles. He loves anything to do with Elmo and Mickey Mouse and is very into singing and especially dancing. This kid has rhythm too! He knows how to keep the beat and he wiggles his little bum while driving in his car seat while shaking his head from side to side. When a song is over he shouts "More" from the back. Whenever he sees a camera or a cell phone he immediately squints his eyes and says Cheese! Beckem is already starting to be very interested in going potty so I took him to the store to pick out his little potty and of course he picked out the Elmo one. You're supposed to give Elmo high five when you go potty and he says something encouraging. Well the box said Spanish and English but I didn't realize that every other sentence is in English then Spanish. Beckem thinks the spanish is so funny and laughs everytime. It is driving me crazy but if he thinks it's cool then so do I! Beckem looks like he's trying really hard in these but he's really just saying cheese as hard as he can! haha Such a character!
Beckem now goes to nursery and has surprisingly done really well. Initially he doesn't want me to leave most weeks but I just sneak out and he does fine! Sometimes he just turns and says bye and runs in but others he wants to come with me. He is in a phase where he doesn't like to share anything but in nursery he actually does which is great! His favorite time is snack time (his are gone by the time the kids even get theres) and singing time. He comes home and wants me to sing all the nursery songs so he can dance and do the actions. Kids pick up things so quick it's amazing! Beckem hasn't quite gotten how to drink out a cup so he takes his cup of water during snack time and dumps it on the table and splashes in it! Hopefully he'll learn quick! Grandma Shar bought him this cute little suit to wear to church. He's headed off to nursery!
For Christmas Beckem got a new bed so we set it up in our room to see if he was interested and he absolutely loves it. He's slept in it for the past 4 nights now and has done great! If he wakes up he just climbs out, opens and slams his door, and runs into our room to tell me what he wants. I'm so not used to it yet because it freaks me out everytime I hear him or see his little face next to my bed. He likes to climb in bed with me and snuggle and twirl my hair which I've just decided I'm going to enjoy until the new baby comes and he can't do it anymore! Here is yet another picture of his chinese cheese!
I'm proud to say that Beckem takes after his mom and loves teeth! He loves to brush them everyday and has multiples around the house since he tends to chuck them behind and under things! He found 2 this day and wanted to do an extra good job!

I could go on forever about all the cute things Beckem is now doing! This towel he is standing on is a dinosaur. He also has a duck and a puppy towel. Every day when he gets out of the tub he makes the animal sound of which towel he wants. It's so funny if you grab the wrong one he's quick to correct you by saying "No! Roar" if he wants the dinosaur which is by far his most requested one! Such a fun boy and we are so lucky to be his parents!

Beckem now goes to nursery and has surprisingly done really well. Initially he doesn't want me to leave most weeks but I just sneak out and he does fine! Sometimes he just turns and says bye and runs in but others he wants to come with me. He is in a phase where he doesn't like to share anything but in nursery he actually does which is great! His favorite time is snack time (his are gone by the time the kids even get theres) and singing time. He comes home and wants me to sing all the nursery songs so he can dance and do the actions. Kids pick up things so quick it's amazing! Beckem hasn't quite gotten how to drink out a cup so he takes his cup of water during snack time and dumps it on the table and splashes in it! Hopefully he'll learn quick! Grandma Shar bought him this cute little suit to wear to church. He's headed off to nursery!
For Christmas Beckem got a new bed so we set it up in our room to see if he was interested and he absolutely loves it. He's slept in it for the past 4 nights now and has done great! If he wakes up he just climbs out, opens and slams his door, and runs into our room to tell me what he wants. I'm so not used to it yet because it freaks me out everytime I hear him or see his little face next to my bed. He likes to climb in bed with me and snuggle and twirl my hair which I've just decided I'm going to enjoy until the new baby comes and he can't do it anymore! Here is yet another picture of his chinese cheese!
I'm proud to say that Beckem takes after his mom and loves teeth! He loves to brush them everyday and has multiples around the house since he tends to chuck them behind and under things! He found 2 this day and wanted to do an extra good job!
I could go on forever about all the cute things Beckem is now doing! This towel he is standing on is a dinosaur. He also has a duck and a puppy towel. Every day when he gets out of the tub he makes the animal sound of which towel he wants. It's so funny if you grab the wrong one he's quick to correct you by saying "No! Roar" if he wants the dinosaur which is by far his most requested one! Such a fun boy and we are so lucky to be his parents!

4 comments:
OH my heck. This post is so funny I have been laughing out loud! I LOVE the potty and love that it speaks spanish....maybe he will pick up on it and can help mom out :) haha That is so funny. His bed is so cute! I need to call you to chat about this.....
Oh my gosh he is so dang cute!!! What a little doll! I can't believe how much he has grown up! He must not be climbing into your bed too much lately cause I haven't heard any ABC's lately...
He's such a cute little stinker!!!!
Absolutely adorable! I love that look on his face in the second picture on the potty! lol He is such a little man and so cute! And I LOVE that he loves music! That's what it's all about at my house and in my preschool. (BTW, I'm in your ward.) Excited I found your blog!
Post a Comment