I was looking at my calender today wondering why this date seemed significant. Then I remembered it was spring break a couple years ago and Tyler invited me to go with his family on a trip to California. Well long story short we got engaged at Disneyland 2 years ago today and it was a proposal I'll never forget! We had of course talked about marriage but weren't thinking we'd get engaged for another month or so. Tyler had a ring designed and was planning to propose on the beach in San Diego towards the end of our trip. He was too anxious to wait that long so randomly decided to ask me to marry him while we were riding the"Thunder Mountain" rollercoaster. I guess when Tyler asked my dad's permission to marry me he told him that when I was little that was my favorite ride. When we were about to get on the ride Tyler said "Isn't this your favorite ride?" My reply was "No, it was when I was little but I like Space Mountain better." He panicked a little but realized that ride was pitch black and wouldn't work. So were riding the rollercoaster and Tyler's acting really quiet for how he usually acts on rollercoasters. The ride gets to the part where it's creeping uphill on the track before it whips around again...Tyler's pulling something out of his cargo shorts and said "Kilee, too bad this isn't your favorite ride because I was going to ask you to marry me (and he pulls out this gorgeous diamond ring). I didn't have a chance to say no because the ride was by then at the top of the hill and I had to hurry and put it on before we lost it! Best part was his family was sitting in front of us and were completely surprised to see a ring on my finger when they turned around! Just reminising today so I thought I'd make a post and post some pics from the past :o)

These were taken the day after since we didn't get pic's during it!


This was a joke since this was his original plan....instead we played in the ocean and got all wet!

I wish I were there today!
4 comments:
That was such a fun trip, I can't wait until we get to go again!
Congrats Ki and Ty on your 2 year proposal/engagement anniversary. I was thinking about you yesterday and did not congratulate you. Looks like you had a great day remembering those precious memories!
Love, Mom and Dad S.
that story fits you guys way better then a proposal at the beach. I love it!
You guys are such a great couple. I love the pic of the bride and groom disney style. Glad he popped the question!
And your baby furniture is gorgeous.
girl, have you had that baby yet? I think if I remember correctly you are due soon. hope everything is good.
Post a Comment