We decided we were sick of the cold and packed up and headed to Sand Hollow down by St. George a couple weeks ago. We've been planning our summer vacations and decided there were a lot of places we'd like to go that are just in Utah. This brought about the idea of a trailor. I was 100% not for it in the beginning but Tyler and his brother and wife obviously talked me into it because we went in on one with them. :o) We found a good deal and decided it would be perfect for our 2 families. It's only a few years old and looks cute and brand new inside so it sold me. Our first trip was so much fun! Here it is...

Beckem tried to watch a movie on my laptop on the way down but he wasn't too entertained. He wanted out and lets just say it was a long 4 hr drive!

Beckem fell asleep the last hour of our drive so by the time we got there he was ready to play. We didn't get there until about 9pm so we ate, got set up, and everyone was in bed by 10:30....except Beckem. I bounced him and tried to get him to sleep until midnight and he was just being noisy and restless. Our trailor is kinda small so we're basically all just right there. I finally got desperate and took him outside to the car and put him in his carseat. He fell asleep within like 5 mins so I carried him back to his bed and went to sleep. At about 4:30 he woke up again crying and wouldn't go back to sleep. Tyler and I both wrestled him trying to keep him quiet until 6 which felt like the entire night! We finally took him back out to the car and he once again fell asleep. I went back in and Tyler stayed out with him. It was light by this time anyways! Such a rough night. He did great the next 2 so it must've just been being somewhere new? Who knows but I dont want to do that again! Beckems face describes how tired I felt!

Here is our trailor! I realized I didn't really take any pictures of the inside. It has a couch bed, table bed, and a bed in the back with a bunk bed on top of it. It sleeps 7 which is perfect for our 2 families. We have a feeling we might outgrow it fast though!

Becks didn't wake up until 10 but was super happy and loved being outside eating his Breakfast. It was so warm and felt so nice to wear short sleeve shirts and no jackets!

We took a pack and play outside for the babies to play in and Beckem loved to eat in it. I cut up cheese in a bowl and he thought he was the coolest thing ever. He really loves to just be outside.

The water was still really cold but we took Beckem down to just wade his feet in the water. I hesitated because I thought it was super cold but he surprised us all and just plopped right down in the water and started splashing. I couldn't believe it! It took awhile to coax Isabel into joining him.

This was definitely the highlight of my trip. Watching Beckem play in the lake was so entertaining. Discovering the sand and mud was his favorite.

Only problem was he kept eating it! I bet he did this 3 or 4 times before he got the message you weren't supposed to eat it.

I just love this picture of Isabel, Olivia, Trevor, and Danica. Lakes are so relaxing.

Beckem knew right what to do with the rakes and shovels. He was scooping up sand and having a ball.

He was so fascinated with the mud. He kept picking up and handful and just staring at it.

He kept getting frustrated when I would tell him "No" when he'd eat it. He swings his arms and rubs his face which were covered in mud. Then he really didn't know what to do.

He started crying when we dumped water on his face to get all the sand off so we pulled him out and undressed him since his poor little legs were ice cold. We didn't even bring any towels down because we weren't planning on getting in so Tyler took his shirt off and I wrapped Beckem in it. He was out in literally 2 seconds.

He basked in the sun in his stroller while taking a nice nap!

This kid is such a character. He liked to sit at the table and watch Elmo's world while holding onto the blinds. You can kind of see what our trailor looks like a little in this picture. I love the walls!

We went for a drive around our campground and Tyler almost hit this snake! I was super freaked out. I'm glad we're not staying in tents and that it was far enough away from where we were!

We went to Zions National Park the next day and on our way we totally passed the Oscar Mayer van! Yes, they do exist!

Before we started hiking we enjoyed a little tailgate packed lunch. Beckem ate his first sandwich...and his second from his cousin Izzy sitting next to him. This kid is a tank. He'll eat whatever he is given and then some! He did pretty good for having 1/2 of a tooth is all.

He loved hiking and riding on Daddy's shoulders

Inside the gift shop he found a Jr. Park Ranger hat and wore it with style!

Our little baby is now looking like a toddler! They grow up way too fast.

We saw lots of fun things on our hikes and lots of little furry animals that Becks liked to watch run around.

Trevor got his workout by carrying the 2 yr old on his shoulders and the 6 month old on his chest. We hiked uphill and my legs were burning so I can't imagine the calories he burned!

We made it to the top!

Beautiful Zions

Beckem thinks this game is hilarious. He puts his binky in your mouth then gets it out by giving you a kiss. He laughs for hours doing this and it never gets old to him.

Olivia is one of the worlds best babies. She just chills and goes with the flow.

Another beautiful waterfall.

We all had a fun time seeing Zions.

The boys were dying to fish so I went with them and took Beckem and Iz. Beckem first watched his Dad...

Then got a chance to try it out.

I love nothing more than seeing Tyler so happy to teach Beckem everything.

Iz did the same. She got to watch...

Then try it out too! She had fun banging the pole around when her dad let her do it by herself! We left her barbie one in the back of the truck!

The tub on our trailor is perfect for bathing babies. He played with toys and had his usual bathtime fun!

We had a fun trip to Sand Hollow and Zions and are planning another one to go back with more family in a couple months!

I love being able to watch the sun set everynight. So gorgeous! I can't wait to go back. So far the trips we've planned to take our trailor are Moab, Fish Lake, Strawberry, and back to Sand Hollow. Look forward to somemore Wagner camping adventures :o)
5 comments:
Such a fun vacation to read about. I love the pictures of Beckem sitting in the water eating sand.He loves to eat! Such a fun vacation with such fun family members to hang out with!
I'm so glad you got our trip posted! I tried last night but our internet is TOO SLOW!! We love you guys oodles and are so excited for our summer of fun!
Looks like such fun. Beckem is as cute as ever...looks like he loved it
Hi Kilee! Hope you don't mind I found your blog off your facebook! What a fun trip! I'm so jealous you got a camper! Pablo & I want one when the kids grow up & move out so we can room the US like old farts do! So fun!
LOVED reading about your camper vacation! It sounds like you had so much fun.
Beckem is a cutie...wow is he growing up!
Post a Comment