For those of you who dont know, one of my favorite hobbies is being a coupon queen! This past week Walgreens had an AMAZING deal on huggies, which just happens to be my favorite brand of diapers. Of course all the stores were wiped clean so I called around and found out when each store was getting their next shipment in. I got Danica hooked on couponing with me so we were both on the hunt. We found out that Orem's store was getting their shipment at 5am so they would be on the shelf by 8am when they opened wednesday morning. Danica's husband Trevor went into work late so we could go kid free and all the babies were still asleep. We pulled up to the store at 7:55am and they had already opened their doors. We grabbed our carts and ran in there. There were already 3 women in the aisle and when they saw us coming they starting throwing packs in their carts faster! We jumped right in and had a system where Danica would throw the diapers to me and I'd put them in the cart. Sizes didn't matter because we'd exchange them later. This was just a matter of if you got any or not! Needless to say, we each walked out with 30 packs of diapers! By 8:15 the store was wiped clean and those who were late were not happy campers. One lady was so mean. We tried telling her that PG store was getting a shipment at noon and she was like "I've already tried doing this and I'm sick of it!" Then she looked at our 4 carts and said "Are those all yours?" (with a dirty look on her face) A man ran in and was searching frantically because his wife had sent him and he had no idea what he was doing. Danica and I grabbed a few more than we needed in the rush of it all so we gave our extras to him instead of the angry lady! haha We thought we'd spare him being yelled at by his wife. I'm telling you couponers are crazy! They'll do anything to get a good deal :o) I walked away with $333 worth of diapers for less than $80. Some packs ended up being $1.50 and some under $3. Such an awesome deal!

When we got back to Danica's house we realized that you could use the coupons for wipes too and we didn't grab any! I went to PG's store at like 12:10 and they were out of everything. AF was the next store to get a shipment on Friday so we went, waited an hour for them to unload everything except diapers ( so annoying) and I walked away with 5 - big packs of wipes and made $8! I wanted a lot more but they only had 7 bags total on their shipment and we luckily got our hands on them all! :o) 
Beckem's closet is stocked now with 45 packs of diapers! Hopefully he'll be potty trained by the time I run out!

18 comments:
That is great!!! How funny is that picture with all the diapers in his closet!!
OH MY GOODNESS! I need to get back into couponing!! THAT'S Freaking Awesome..
Kilee...where have I been...I need to know how you do this? What is wrong with me! :P I'm going to hop on the couponing bandwagon soon...I promise...I just need a little guidance, haha! Really, though, what have you been using...Nat's system? so Sunday ads and coupons? what else? Wow, you are amazing girl!
haha, I can just imagine all the ladies fighting over diapers! I went to the walgreens in provo last time they had a saleand they wouldnt let me use my coupons!! I was so mad I yelled at the cashier, I still feel bad about that...kind of :)
I have NEVER heard of that! Seriously, why didn't you call me. That is so awesome!!!!!!!!!
next time you know that's happening, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!! Thanks so much! I am so jealous!
I love couponing! my friend out here in NC got me into it...we are obsessed. But for me its for dog treats...my dog has at least a good year of food storage! I cant wait to do it for baby stuff!! Does Kmart double 2 dollar coupons out there in good old Utah?
Oh my gosh you are so stinkin cute! That story is hillarious. I need to start doing the coupon thing. I started once got all the coupons then let them expire before I used them I know such a waist I need to be more dedicated like you, I love it your so cute!!
Shevy
Ok Kilee, I'm coming with you next time you go shopping so I can see you in action! I'm serious...I'm going to call you tonight haha. That is so awesome!
Good job with the coupons kilee - so proud of you! Coupon ladies are crazy!
You go girl! I love how you know your prices and go for the deals. Dad especially is sosooo proud of you. I think you get your love of coupon shopping from him! :-)It is a lot of sork to get those deals. Way to go on your savings!
One proud mama!
Thats awsome, Wish I would have known about that. We spend so much money on Diapers. Sweet deal.
So, I think you'll have to share your secrets. I'm big into couponing mostly because I don't know how to do it. How did you get such a good deal? Post a blog about it or email me at brookegilchrist@gmail.com
Brooke Gilchrist
I love that you shared with the lost Daddy in the store! I to need to swap sizes. Keep up the good work! I appreciated you calling me.
We are awesome coupon shoppers... mostly just you, and you let me tag along.. I LOVE IT! LOVE YOU!
I absolutely love this! You seriously need to teach me a thing or two! We also need to get together for lunch or dinner or something!!!
What in the world are you going to do with all those diapers now that Beckem is potty trained? Looks like you'll have to save them for an eventual #2!
Way to go girl! I so need to get into coupons again! Great job!
Post a Comment