Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st Birthday Bash!!

Beckem's party was so much fun! We had it last Saturday, May 2nd at my mom's house. We did a big BBQ with a gourmet burger bar w/ bacon, avocados, mushrooms, grilled onions, etc. and had hot dogs for the kids. We also had a nice spread of potato salads, jello salads, pasta salads, fruit, chips, and lemonade. We had both sides of our family come and a few close friends as well. I attempted to make Beckem's birthday cake (with the help of my friend Gayle) and it turned out so cute! I bought a giant cupcake pan then decorated it to match Beckem's blue and brown theme. The top is just hershey's chocolate chips kisses and blue frosting to make polka dots I wrapped a piece of cardboard with some wrapping paper that I liked for it to sit on.
I tied fun signs around with different decorative ribbon all centered around turning 1.
I put together this Happy Birthday sign that I fell in love with! It's just different scrapbook papers layered with cute ribbon tied inbetween.
Here's more of a close up
Beckem started walking about a week before his party but was crawling around the floor one last time before it began!
Our family
Beckem and his great grandma Shelley and Taylor
Our cousins that live in Idaho had a dance competition in Roy this day so they made the extra drive to make it to the party. Beckem was really excited to see his cousins!
Great grandma and grandpa Hanson w/ Becks
The grill masters themselves. (Like father like son)
My mom has these cute beverage jars that are so fun to use for parties!
I realized I didn't get a good picture of the food on my camera so this is the best I got. There were blue polka dot and brown balloons in the center with some more decorations.
Becks with Grandpa Mike and cousin Jessica
Takin it all in
Some of the party guests
Tyler got to feed Beckem his dinner and he loved every bite!
Our friends Amanda, Braxton, and Tyler
Kennadi, Annika, Roman, and Melissa
My roomate in Hawaii Brittany and her boyfriend Jake
After dinner I dressed Beckem down to his diaper and let him eat his cake...
He started out by pulling off all the giant chocolate chips and eating them one by one.
Once he realized there was more to it than that he started getting right into it
His hands weren't feeding him fast enough so he thought he'd try to get the cake with a spoon
His beard of frosting
Yum!Beckem was showing great grandpa Wagner how it's doneThe finished product. He did pretty good! I wasn't sure how much I was supposed to let him eat but I think he ate 1 too many chocolate chips!
Once the cake was gone he wanted out and on to the next thing
Presents!
He had lots of cousins there to help him unwrap the gifts
Beckems cousin Kennadi and her matching dress for the party!
He got lots of fun gifts that he loves to play with everyday.Checking everything out
Dad glad the party was coming to an end so he could kick back and relax
I made this fun sign -in page for the guests to write Beckem a little note on. I framed it and it is now hanging on his wall in his bedroom.
Close up
My friend Amber Dehaas took his pictures a couple days before so I displayed a few of them around. Check out her blog at amberdphotos.blogspot.com. She's awesome!
Beckem was quite the little birthday prince and showed off for everyone. He makes my life so much fun and I can't wait to play his 2 yr old party! Probably not as big...but just as fun :o)
Happy 1st Birthday!

7 comments:

mer and mel said...

Kilee- Beckem is so stinkin cute! I love it! And your party skills are fabulous- you amaze me! I'm sorry you had to work on his birthday, but I'm glad I saw you that day- you look awesome for having a 1 year old :) Love ya!

ps- I went to J.H and HS with Tyler Tucker- small world.(my maiden name is Nichols)

Sherilyn said...

What a great post of Beckem's BIG one year party. Love your new look to the blog. Such fun pictures and great memories. Thanks for sharing Beckem,we couldn't love him more!
Love ya,
Mom and Dad Shelley

The Arbizús said...

Kilee! You have such a beautiful family, your son is adorable! Happy 1st birthday Beckem. How fun! I bet you love being a mommy!

Amber said...

That was such a fun party!! We just love little Becks. He is so cute with so much personality.
you are lucky to have a mom who takes such good care of her family and is always willing to party hardy!! We have the same template now on our blog. Love it

Jacqs said...

Kilee you are so creative... what a cute birthday party. I cant believe your little boy is one! He is so big and so stinkin cute

Louann said...

Hi Kilee & Tyler and Beckem,

I LOVED the birthday party pictures. I wish I lived in Utah so I could have joined you for his big party.

Happy Birthday Beckem! (a little late but still sent with love!)

Kilee, I loved the birthday cake.
The large cupcake is so cute and his pictures that you had done are adorable. What a great party! You really went all out and I know you learned that from your Mom..she is awesome too.

Love to you all!
Louann

Heather Walker said...

I cant believe how cute his party was. You did a great job! I might have to copy you on that cake. I love it!