Monday, May 4, 2009

Beckem's Birthday Day

Beckem's birthday was Thursday, April 30th which meant I had to work that day. I only work 2 days a week but it just happened to be that his birthday fell on one of those days. We were celebrating his birthday Saturday but I still was kind of sad I had to work and was wanting to take the day off just to be with him I guess. Tyler convinced me that he doesn't know it's his birthday and Saturday was his party so I decided to just work and have my mom watch him during the day. My sweet sweet mom knew I was feeling sad and like I wasn't being a good mom for working on his birthday so she brought him in during lunch and we had a big birthday lunch for Becks. She made chicken salad on crossaints, a veggie tray, chips, and chocolate strawberry's. I was so happy and everyone at work was very impressed with my mom's party skills. She even brought a blue tablecloth and picture for the centerpiece! Leave it to my mom! :o) She really is the most thoughtful person on this earth and we just love her to pieces! Thanks for helping make the day special mom! Ischalyn, Sarah, Gayle, Bev, and Steph enjoying a yummy lunch!My mom even brought Beckem his own special lunch to enjoy with us all. As you all know, this baby LOVES to eat!
Mom and the birthday boy
Dr. Losee with Beckem
My mom, Becks, and Me ( I forgot to take off my loupes! (glasses) )
Grandma and little Beckem
He is proud of his picture!
After work Tyler went and picked Beckem up and took him to his parents house. Kent and Bonna (Tylers grandparents) came down and gave him his birthday present which were these cute custom books! She cut out his picture and put it in the book. He loves looking at his own face in the books.
This is the other one she gave him. It has his face and his grandma Kennas in it.
They keep Grandpa Mike's (Tylers Dad) horses in their field up at their house so they bought Beckem this little cowboy vest so he can ride the horses with grandpa. It will fit him perfect when he's brave enough to jump on and ride!
We all went to dinner at Zupas that night for dinner. As we were walking out we noticed that Red Mango was having their grand opening and giving away free frozen yogurt. We went and got some and Thurl Bailey was signing his photos and giving away CD's. As you can see Beckem wasn't happy and it wasn't because he was next to a very tall guy either....he wanted another bite of ice cream!

It was a fun day and we're so blessed to have our little Bubba! We love you Beckem!

2 comments:

Annika said...

How fun! You're right mom always does think of everything. Those books from Kenna are SO darling! I want to get some for K. Glad you got to celebrate so much!

amberandlandon said...

You're mom is so cute. :) I wasn't joking when I said I want to be like her someday haha. Those books are way cute!