Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Mike!

Kenna hosted a fabulous birthday dinner for my father in law on his birthday. We had one of my all time favorite foods....crab legs! Here she is trying to stab him with one of the claws! :o) Beckem and Izzy dug in early so we could actually enjoy our dinner without trying to wrestle them the whole time. Izzy really likes crab and kept saying "I need more crab!" Beckem liked grandma's sparkling jello that had sprite in it. We had this great big bowl in the middle to throw the shells into and it was so much fun! Wish I could eat like that everynight!
The grandkids had fun helping grandpa blow out his 49 birthday candles :o) He loves peppermint dessert so that's what he had!
Mike is such a great grandpa to the kids. They really love him to death because he's always right down there on the floor playing with them and giving them horsey rides and wrestling with Beckem. He is a very involved grandpa and even does his fair share of babysitting!
I think these 2 hold a special place for each other and are such cute little buddies. Beckem loves his Papa and we're so lucky to have him in our family!
Happy Birthday Mike! We love and appreciate you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beckham is SO cute! Good to check in on ya!

Travis Sadi and Taiya said...

What a fun night! That sparkling jello sounds delish! I just might have to get the recipe from you for that!

bathroom lights said...

Cute pictures!

Sherilyn said...

I just had the best time reading your blog, and walking down memory lane. Thanks for being so on the ball and keeping up on your blog. I love reading about my kids and grandkids.Great posts and oh such cute pics of Beckem.