Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Two Weeks and Growing...

Little Taylee Mckenna is getting so big! At her 2 week appointment she exceeded her birth weight by almost a pound! She was born weighing 7lbs 7oz and weighed 8lbs 4 oz at her 2 week visit. The Dr. said they're really excited when babies are back up to their birth weight by this visit and that I must be producing straight cream! She was 20 3/4 inches long and I can't remember her head but it was in the 50%. Her weight and height were both about 75%. She is seriously the best baby ever! I couldn't ask for more. She sleeps anywhere from 2-4 hours at a time and only gets up to eat during the night then falls back asleep nursing. She is a gem! Beckem is such a good big brother. The first few days were hard because he kept saying "ME!" and wanting me to hold him, change him, sleep with him, etc. and when I couldn't because I was taking care of her he would hit me or even worse, the baby. He discovered quickly that she was here to stay and now every waking moment he wants to know where she is and be right there. His new best friend is his step stool that he follows me around with. Whatever I'm doing he's right by my side helping or watching. So cute! The only bad part is he can reach the snacks, scissors, baby, bathroom sink, and all the other fun things he finds to get into. He loves his "Baby TayE" and is really a big help to me in going to get things when I dont want to! :o) My friend Amber took these adorable pics of Taylee. Check her out at Amberdphotos.blogspot.com. We are loving being the parents of 2 beautiful kids!!

20 comments:

Amie said...

She is adorable! Amber did such a good job on these pictures. Congratulations She is just beautiful.

Sherilyn said...

Yeah! So glad you posted about this beautiful new baby daughter. She is a beauty and Beckem is truly in love with her. Such a precious family to raise. So proud of you!
One proud grandma..... Grandma Shar

Teresa Mendenhall said...

She is so stink'n cute! WOW.... what great pictures!

Kristi said...

Taylee is adorable Kylee! Congratulations!

Mike and Aubrey Asay said...

Taylee is SO cute!! Looking at pics of Beckem he looks just like you & in those pics of Taylee, she looks just like Tyler to me. You guys make beautiful babies! :) Amber did such a good job, but I'm sure it wasn't hard given her subjects :)

Amber said...

I have been waiting for this post!! Amber did a great job, therea are tons of great shots. I love all the cute accessories you have and the fun pictures with Becks and you guys. She is absolutley beautiful! Can't wait to hold her again.

Katie said...

The hat looks great.. hehehe I'm glad you got a few with it on! :) She is freakin adorable... and all the pictures are wonderful!!!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Love her name! Amber is so amazing. Congratulations!

Annika said...

So cute and I love Becks with his step stool. Makes me laugh just picturing it!

Jobi Niu said...

Kilee! She is TOO DIE FOR!! HEr pictures are AMAZING. What cute freakin kids you guys make. They grow up too quickly..

Ann Mitchell said...

Sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Beckem is such a cutie too! Congratulations!

Natalie said...

She is such a darling little baby-so glad you guys are doing good! Hope to see you soon!

keli b said...

she is beautiful congrats!!

The Robinson's said...

she is the cuttest thing ever! awesome pics!!

Monica Jackman said...

Congrats! Little Taylee is a adorable! I think she looks just like you Kilee- What a lucky little girl!

THE GROWS said...

IT was fun to hang out the other day. we need to do that more often. I love her chubby cheaks :)

Nicolle said...

She is so CUTE!! Im so glad she is such a good little baby for you! I want to come see her someday! Miss you!

grammy said...

Congratulations!! She is absolutely adorable. Beckem will enjoy having a sister around.

Amber said...

STILL WAITING FOR A POST...remember your new goal? Love ya