Thursday, November 13, 2008

6 months old

Beckem is 6 months old and lovin' life! He is so full of life and always keeps Tyler and I laughing and on our toes. He is now eating solids and LOVES to eat. He's loved every kind of baby food he's tried except for green peas. He would take a bite, gag, then open his mouth for more! It was so funny but so sad...I couldn't feed it to him with him dry heaving after every bite. I went to grab my camera and it was dead but I did get it on my camcorder. Beckem now has quite a few tricks. He loves when it's time to get ready for bed and put his pj's on. We have to give him a couple minutes of "diaper time" because he loves his clothes off! He squeals and runs his legs 90 miles an hour and recently just started to try and pull his diaper off. Not ready for that one yet! Beckem also loves to give big, wet kisses. He grabs your face sooo tight and just plants a big one wherever his lips hit first. He is now sitting up for the most part but gets distracted easily and usually reaches for something and tips over. He loves anything that makes a crinkly or sqeaky noise and does his funny little girl scream when he gets to play with it. His favorite thing to do is spit and he does it all day long! He puts his little lips together and blows air. It's pretty funny except when you're feeding him. I've had to clean baby food out of my hair before! Beckem has something against 2 yr old little girls. Whenever one comes around, his cousin Isabel or friends of ours, he screams. I think this started because little Izzy didn't like him playing with things she wanted so she'd take it and say "That's Isabel's" so now he warns them before the enter his vision! haha He's learning to share as well! Izzy and Beckem are pretty cute together though. She loves to help him do everything! Beckem had his 6 month checkup last friday and here were his stats:
Weight- 17 lbs 9 oz (50%)...he's always been in the 75% but the Dr. said that this is common in breastfed babies. It doesn't look like he's starving though!
Height- 26.5 in. (50%)
Head- 43.5 cm (40%)



He did so good with his shots. He LOVES the oral one

and only cried for a few seconds with his injections. I hate it but my mom came with me for moral support and was the one that held him down so I didn't have to.

He's really strong! The second I picked him up he stopped crying so that was good. Next time he only has to get 1 shot instead of 6 so that will be a lot more enjoyable! We love our little Becks and are having so much fun being his parents. He is so snuggly and makes my day everday! We're going to go take some more pictures tomorrow I'll post but for now...here's his serious pose! :o)

9 comments:

mer and mel said...

HE IS SO DARLING!!! THat is hillarious about the diaper thing- Ethan likes to scoot around nakey too!

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

my mom came with me for Porter's shots too!!! He is so cute! I can't stand it!

Danica said...

I almost started crying when Liv got her shots last time, I probably should bring my mom for moral support!

Ty and Kumari said...

HEY KILEE! ADORABLE LITTLE GUY!! HEY I GOT YOUR EMAIL ABOUT THANKSGIVING POINT DENTAL. I WORK FULL TIME M-TH IN LEHI. BUT WAS WONDERING ARE THEY OPEN ON FRIDAYS? I WOULDN'T MIND PICKING UP A FRIDAY. I LIVE JUST BEHIND AT THANKSGIVING VILLAGE.

Monica said...

I love the bottom picture of Beckem! He is so cute! I can't believe he's already six months old...crazy!

. Megan and Dayton. said...

Collie Rae!!! Im glad u found me too! Your baby boy is getting so big... I can't believe it. He is so dang cute. I can totally see you in him. And Tyler. i cant believe how fast they grow up! Dayton is almost two months and is getting chunky, he changes everyday. We need to do something with our boys soon. I miss you and little Beckem! call me. oh and ps you better believe im getting no sleep. haha sucks but their so worth it.

Josh and Ashley said...

Thank you thank you for letting me borrow all of your cute clothes for Easton's pictures. We've gotten a seak peek, but can't wait to see ALL the pictures. PS great tip for the car seat.

Sherilyn said...

Beckem,
You are getting so big! You were a very good boy in getting your shots and you even flirted with the nurses. We can always count on a big smile and usually a giggle or two from you. What an adorable boy you are. So much fun!
Love ya so much,
Grammie

Ann Mitchell said...

I can't believe your baby is 6 months old!!! Time sure flies!!! Savor every moment, because they grow up too fast!