Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Any suggestions??

I now have everything officially ready and want to have this baby! Today I woke up, cleaned the house again, did laundry again, and went and got my hair done! Then I came home, made 2 batches of strawberry jam and went for an hour long walk around my neighborhood. I was having a lot of contractions out walking but now I'm at home sitting on my couch they stopped! What's the deal? I need help! I'm scared to try the castor oil because I've heard horror stories :o) I dont know if I'm that desperate yet to make myself embarrassed during delivery! What's worked for everyone?

11 comments:

Ashley Baird said...

Here's my advice as a mother of four and soon to be FIVE. I know you are anxious for this baby, but just sit back, relax and enjoy the few silent, peaceful moments you have left. This baby will come soon enough...he's just not quite ready to come. I believe when they are through getting their instructions from Heavenly Father then they will show signs of wanting to make and entrance. So let the little guy have his time in Heaven and be patient. If none of this advice helps, then you can always resort to sex, sex, and more sex!!! hahaha I would definitely not try the oil, not worth it in my opinion.

Wanamakers said...

Good luck! I've heard Primrose Oil Helps and also Rasberry extract can help you dilate, but mostly you just have to wait. My best advice is get out and do stuff with other people to get your mind off of how much you don't want to be pregnant any more! I'm so excited for you! Be sure to post some pics when he decides to come.

Lindsay said...

I tried the Castor Oil and all it did is made me want to vomit. Oh man that stuff is the sickest stuff ever-the texture still makes me cringe to think about. I also tried black and blue cohosh...didnt work either. My Dr. told me that the only thing medically proven to help induce labor is sex. It worked for us. (even though its the last thing on earth you want to do) Good luck. You look so cute by the way and I love your house too!! Cant wait to see him!

Danica said...

:( I've given you all my advice!! I guess you could try wrestling with Isabel, and I think coming over and watching the Bachelor will totally help, HAHA!

hillary said...

Hey, this is Hillary, Landon's sister. My kid is asleep, so I'm blog hopping. I took Caster Oil and it sucked, but my baby came fast and if she hadn't gotten stuck, it would have been much faster. That's the only problem that I can see. I didn't have any accidents on the table because I was pretty much cleaned out by then. I would probably do it again if I was overdue though, just make sure you mix it with something cause it's really gross and prepare for a fast labor. Make sure they give you drugs too, I didn't get mine until I was at a 9, by then it was too late. Nothing else worked for me and those who say Caster Oil didn't work, they either weren't ready or they didn't drink enough. You have to down a 6oz bottle at least for it to work. If you aren't overdue already it won't work either. Trust me, I'm an expert on this one. Make sure you drink lots of water, you can get dehydrated if you don't. Other than that my nurses told me it was fine. The reason I did it was because I was three days over and I couldn't take it anymore, I will do it again if I go over, I can't stand that feeling. Good Luck!!

mer and mel said...

Castor Oil is nasty stuff...I wouldn't try it if I were you. I would stick to walking- the more you are up and on your feet, the better. (doing dishes, laundry, etc) I also tried (the night before I had Ethan) rolling my hips on a large exercise ball. Apparently that helped! Good luck these next few days (hopefully!) and let me know when you'll be back to work so I can bring in my little munchkin!

Krystal said...

So I don't have the slightest suggestion for you, I just wanted to say WOW to the fact you made homemade jam you little Martha Stewart! Atta Girl! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see pics:)

Chels Grubbs said...

I can't believe you only have 1 day left!!! well, for all I know you could have already had the little guy by now, but if you haven't (which i know you're probably dying) then yay for tomorrow!!!

ps. why are you fancy and make jam like your mom (I was craving her home made strawberry jam the other day, which I've had like twice in my whole life, is that so random) and I don't cook at all!!! Or even have the desire!! Why didn't my mom rub off on me?!

Kristi said...

please don't use castor oil...is it really THAT worth it to dehydrate your body and then not be able to control yourself :) Your little guy will come soon. Just keep up on the walking...the advice up top I heard helps...and I was sitting on the couch watching American Idol and then got up after and my water broke! Try that :)

Hopefam said...

If you know someone with a trampoline, my neighbor swears by it!!! I am excited for you, I agree with everyone who said just sit back and enjoy the time you have as life will change drastically when he finally gets here!! Good luck!

Ashlee said...

Seeing as though I do not have children of my own I can't give any real advice, but seriously think of what you are resorting to...Castor oil?!!! Sick...do everything else before you resort to that! And yes I got the job at the hospital, I start on Monday! Hopefully you will getting ready to leave by then :)