Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby Update

So as you can see....my baby ticker is ready to fall off the chart! My original due date was April 25th and since that time has come and gone I'm not convinced that the "first due date" you're given is the most accurate! I've had 2 ultrasounds during my pregnancy and the first one said May 9th which is 2 weeks difference and the second one said May 1st. My doctor wont induce me until after May 9th if it comes to that because he said it increases your chances for pre-term labor in future pregnancies when you get induced early with your first. He was predicting I would have the baby early so it really goes to show that babies come in their own time! :o) I have another appt on Tuesday so we'll see where I'm at then and what the Dr. says this time. Thanks for all the texts from everyone seeing if I'm in labor yet...trust me when I am I'll let you all know!!! As for now, just really uncomfortable and huge!! Thanks for all the suggestions. I've tried most of them but decided not to do the castor oil! This baby will come when he's ready and is teaching me patience :o) I'll keep you updated!

6 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Good idea to just relax. I wanted my last baby to come so bad I was going crazy and I can't imagine going past my due date.. so it has to be tough, but just enjoy it and go out to dinner and movies and savor the moments with your hubby without the worry of a baby! I can't wait to see pictures of him!

mer and mel said...

That is such a bummer Kilee! at least you got a little extra pre-baby time on your maternity leave eh? Get all the rest you can now because you won't get any sleep for a very long time! Good luck and I can't wait to see your cute little baby!

Sherilyn said...

Relax and enjoy the time and moments with Tyler before he starts school again in a week! This cute baby Wag will enter this world when he is ready. I agree. Get as much sleep now as possible since you have "everything" all ready for his arrival! So happy for, and proud of you and Ty.
Love,
Mom

Kristi said...

You have no idea how many people I know right now that this is happening to...that is hard to be planning for a date and then have to wait a while longer. Enjoy it the best you can...go the movies, enjoy one-on-one time with your hubby, do all those things that having a new baby is going to take away for awhile! hang in there Ki

Thorntons said...

Kilee this is Brittany Thornton. I am so sorry you haven't come yet! I know how every day can feel like 10 years!!!! Maybe you might try going into the doctor and crying? That's what happened to me when I saw my doctor. I just started balling not because I was trying to,but because I literally just started balling. They had a little pitty on me and they helped me out. It is your first though so you want to be safe too. GOOD LUCK it will be here soon and it will be so worth it. Just rest while you can!!! Can't wait to see him!!
-Britt

THE GROWS said...

oh. I know how you are feeling. I am only seven months and I am already ready to have this baby. hang in there. They do come when they are dang good ready. and im convinced that all the tricks people say dont work. Hope everything goes good though. I cant waite to see pictures. love ya