Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Take me out to the Ball Game

This past week was a fun filled week of sports events! We took Beckem to his first baseball game and his first football game. Monday night for family night we went with my parents to the Owls playoff game. When my mom was in Chicago she bought Becks this cute Cubs outfit. He got to wear it to the game and luckily it was the owls colors too so he looked like a big fan! :o) I thought he would hate the noise but he LOVED it! He was so hilarious. Everytime the fans would start yelling or cheering so would Beckem. He is such a social baby and didn't want to feel left out I guess! Then on Saturday we went to the BYU football game. This on the other hand wasn't such a good idea. There were way too many people and I for some reason dressed him for a snow storm! When I think of football games I think of jackets and bundling up. Apparently it's still summer and it was such a hot day! haha He looked so dang cute but unfortuneatly had to get stripped! I dressed him in a long sleeve plaid button up shirt, a long sleeve football onsie on top of that, long tan pants, socks up to his knees, and blue and white nike shoes. He was stylin but was about to sweat to death by the time we got there so I dressed him down to his onsie and he got to just hang out! Tyler and I had to go to the cougar den and buy him a BYU hat (which was against Tylers will because he is actually a Utes fan!) and some baby sunscreen because I thought I was being good by downsizing my diaper bag but I actually left the sunscreen in the one I usually carry around! I spent most of my time running back and forth to the concessions and taking Beckem out. I was happy to see it was a blow out game because that meant we got to leave early! :o) I like going to football games not to watch the game but to people watch and eat treats. It's kind of hard to do that with a wiggly baby who HATES sun in his eyes and was tired. He wont sleep if stuff is going on around him so if you can imagine....the football stadium isn't the best nap zone! He did pretty good though for his first game and had fun socializing with all the fans! BASEBALL GAME

FOOTBALL GAME

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wait, Tyler is a Utah fan? Huh? Pretend I don't know that from now on.

Becks is going to be Mr. Sport so it's good to get him used to cheering now. Someday huge crowds will be chanting his name as he rushes for the winning touchdown...for the cougars!

Too bad it wasn't cooler - his football outfit was adorable. I love his baseball outfit too. Cuteness!

Danica said...

HE IS SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I love him and want to kiss his cheeks all over! I can't wait until we're neighbors... it's getting closer... YAY!

amberandlandon said...

How fun! He looks so cute in his little outfits. :) Is he holding his bottle already? I am super jealous, I've been trying to get Link to do that and he wont. I hope you're ready to party this weekend. :)

Annika said...

He looks so cute in these pics! I love the outfit you had him in. Too funny about the noisy crowd bunch behind you. Yeah you shouldn't have mentioned to the Shelley side that Tyler is a Ute fan. I think it is okay with the Taylor's because he has Jared as a buddy, but Shelley's...not so much! haha

Travis Sadi and Taiya said...

Could he seriously be any cuter!!!

Krystal said...

Dang! The little one is so dang hansome! Good for you for dressing him like a PIMP too Ky!You look great too! Hope to see you soon:)