Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dr. Losee's Christmas (unexpected day of events)

Now I'm really lucky this time of year because I work at 2 different dental offices which means 2 different Christmas parties! We got a cute little invitation a couple weeks ago that had 2 inserts. One was just for the office girls and told us to meet at IHOP in Fort Union at 7am on Saturday and to come as we are. The next insert said we were having a dinner that night with our husbands. So....we were all wondering what in the heck we were doing at 7am on our day off! I woke up yesterday to a lot of rain and no snow so I thought perfect...I will get there quick. When I hit the point of the mountain it went from rain to a blizzard. There was tons of snow in SL. I got to IHOP around 7:15 and everyone trailed in by 7:30. We ordered our food then were allowed to open these cute little bags that Dr. Losee gave us.



They had body lotion, body gel, and pillow mist from bath and body works in them with a little scroll we opened up that told us what we were doing for the day.....
I was so excited! 90 mins for each thing! I know I just got a massage and pedicure 2 days ago but who cares...I LOVE being pampered! Well right after we read this the power went out....
We were all stuck at IHOP with no food and no power but we did have orange juice! We waited for 30 mins to see what would happen and the manager came and told us that even if the power did kick back on it would take 45 mins to heat the grill. So Dr. Losee went and got us all McDonalds that was a little ways away where the power was on and brought it back to IHOP for all of us to eat. We didn't want to leave and go far because the day spa was right next door and we were supposed to be there at 8:30 am. After we ate McD's the day spa said they were going to see if the power came back on...so we waited some more until they told us they were cancelling our appt's and going home because the power was still out and they didn't know how long it would be and we'd start losing time and money because they wouldn't make it up. So....Dr. Losee took us to the fashion place mall and gave us each $250 cash to go spend on ourselves. The rules were we couldn't spend if on anyone else, we had to bring what we bought to show off tonight, and whatever we didn't spend we had to give back to him.... Let just say I went to town!
That night we picked up our husbands and met at Thanksgiving Point Golf Course. When we got there we all sat in a circle and showed off our purchases. I was surprised that some of the girls really gave him back $1.38 someone else gave back $4 and some change....when it got to my turn I told him he owed me $50 because I spent more than what I was given! I bought all sorts of fun stuff that I normally wouldn't have spent on myself so it was great!
Sitting in the clubhouse before dinner playing the present game.

I picked a present that had the cutest wallet in it that matched my purse. Bev stole it from me twice then Nat's husband stole it for her at the very end so I didn't end up with it! I was so sad! Thanks Josh! j/k

Sarah, Mindy, and their husbands Tyler and Nate waiting for dinner

Me and Ty hanging out with all my co-workers eating prime rib dinners. What a perfect way to end a fun filled day! Thanks to Dr. Losee and his wife Sandy!

7 comments:

adamsfamilynews said...

Your blog is really cute. I was asking Tyler if you always have your camera with you because you have lots of pictures. He said "She keeps it in her purses of course she takes lots of pictures". I think that is wonderful because you have great pictures to remember everything. Love, Amy

Tyler, Amanda, Braxton, and Boston said...

No Fair!!! I need a boss like that! Or maybe i will just hint to Tyler!! Have you gotten a lot of new maternity clothes? Are you even showing! You still look so dang tiny in all of your pictures! Are we still going to play this weekend? Your blog is always so fun to read! call me! Talk to you later! Love- Manda

Tyler, Amanda, Braxton, and Boston said...

I KNOW!!! How sad for me!! Tyler is Soo Skinny that's why he looks so young!! We just got back from his Dr. Appt and he might be type 1. We have to go to this 3 day diabetic clinic to learn all about it, then to a nutritionist to teach him how to eat, and retest him to diagnose the type! then they will decide either insulin or a pill!! What a mess! but i am so glad it's this out of a lot of things!! Talk to you soon!

Sherilyn said...

Wow, you are a spoiled and pampered girl! I love it....you go girl! You are so blessed to work in such nice offices with such wonderful people. I am happy for you and grateful for the fun Christmas party/adventure you were a part of. Thanks Dr. Losee and Sandy....you are so generous.

Danica said...

That is so sweet! You are so lucky! You should put pictures up of all the cute stuff you bought! I love love your purse! You lucky girl!

josh and jacqs said...

oh my gosh that is so awesome-- that sounds like the best christmas party ever!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great and generous gift! I loved reading about everything that happened too! It sounds like you had a very fun day! It was great that he included the spouses for the evening. You are so lucky to have such a great boss. (Two nice bosses!!....can't believe you had two great days of fun surprises!
Love, Louann