Friday, August 21, 2009

We're having a ...

I convinced Tyler last Saturday night to take me to fetal fotos off of 53rd in SL. We went there with Beckem and had such a good experience so I wanted to do it again with this baby. I was only 15 weeks so we were worried it was too soon but when I called they said 15-16 weeks is usually when people come in. I made the appt and a couple hours later we were off to find out what we were having. Beckem was soooo cute during the ultrasound. He kept kissing my tummy and pointing to the tv screen and clapping. It was the sweetest thing ever. He was just as excited as we were!!
Baby's spine
Cute little profile


And it's a......
GIRL!!! We couldn't believe our eyes because we were both convinced it was a boy. I feel so blessed to have one of each now! Tyler's a little nervous because he says he doesn't know what to do with baby girls but he did say he knows that she'll have him wrapped around her finger! Tyler's family has a curse where they only have one gender so we are happy to say that it is now broken! I can not wait to start buying and making cute girl things. I'm already going to try and attempt bow making, burp clothes, and bracelets. Wish me luck! I totally had a boy name picked out because I struggled with Beckem so much last time so now I'm on the hunt for the perfect girl name. Leave me your suggestions! :o)

17 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Congrats!! One of each is the BEST! Hey, just so you know, my doctors office (Aspens Women's Center) in Provo does ultrasounds for only $50 and you can come in as early as 15 weeks also and you don't have to be a patient. Just letting you know so you don't have to drive up to SLC to find out the gender of your next one (if you plan on having more....LOL)

Amie said...

Congratulations! Girls are so much fun.

Dione said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting, Congrats!!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

I feel the same way...I have girl's names...so I think it's a girl..watch it be another boy...hmm. My 2 fav's are Charlotte and Samantha and it has nothing to do with Sex and the City...lol! Goodluck, I want to hear your choices...this part is SO FUN!

Kristi said...

yippee! You are going to have so much fun with a girl...and Tyler and Beckham as well! I am so excited for you!

west's said...

Yay!! That is so exciting. Now you can be done like me & Kelly since you will have one of each:) You're going to have your hands full but the second - you just don't seem as uptight as with the first - atleast that's how I was - even though I'm still a freak about things. We are so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see Tyler holding a baby girl. Too cute! What are the names you are thinking of?

Anonymous said...

That's so fun! I'm excited for you.

Jobi Niu said...

HOW EXCITING!! :] She's going to be so dang cute! I want a lil girl.. awww.

T. Driaza said...

Yeah!!! It's a girl! How exciting!! Glad the curse is broken, and the hard thing about picking girls' names is that there are SO MANY cute names out there for girls! Hope you let us vote later! Congrats!

Jen S said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you and Tyler!

Annika said...

OH I just can not wait! She will be SO loved and so dang cute. I will be thinking of names for you, but I will probably have all girls so I can't give you all the good ones :) I just went through Kennadi's clothes for you and they are all just so little and cute. Kind of makes me baby hungry, kind of. :) Love you guys! and Hooray for a girl!

andrew and brittani said...

Congrats you two! Beckem is so cute, I'm sure your little girl will be just darling. I can't believe you already have baby #2 on the way. You guys got married right after me and Andrew and we don't even have 1. haha

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

When your mom told me you went to fetal photo and they said you were having a girl I had doubt. I went there with a friend and she was told a girl and I was told a boy and we both had boys (on the same day no less) But seeing the ultrasound it IS a girl for sure!!!! Congrats.. the name I'd suggest, your sister already took it :-) Very happy for ya!!!

Doney Days said...

HOORAY FOR GIRLS! I am so excited for you guys! Girls are so much fun and dramatic! :) I hope you're feeling ok! Love ya!

Hopefam said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you are feeling great. I am so excited for you to have a little girl! I am biased but I love Talia and Mara for girl names!!

Galloway Family said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you have one kid, now two. How time passes by quickly. I am so happy for you. I love my boys, but there is nothing like a mother and her daughter:)

. Megan and Dayton. said...

Awww Collie Rae! Congrats! That is so awesome. I just found out you were even prego again not long ago... Im so essited for you:) and a girl... how stinkin cute. That will be so fun. Lil Beckham is such a cutie. We still havent gotten our little guys together to play... Dayton loves kids. So we need to plan something asap! I love you! Miss you girlie!