Sunday, August 23, 2009

When the sun goes down...

A few weekends ago Tyler surprised me for our anniversary and took me to the Kenny Chesney concert. The last concert I think I went to was Tim and Faith and that was right after we got married 3 years ago. Tyler's parents, Mike and Kenna, came with us and we all had such a good night. We had floor seats and in the shade thank goodness! It was a really hot day and the concert started at 5:30 which was pretty early for a concert to start I thought. They had Miranda Lambert and Lady Antebellum as the opening acts. Sugarland was supposed to be there too but the girl lost her voice so they didn't come. We ate really good mexican food there and Kenna and I had fun just people watching :o) The concert was at the Real soccer stadium and it's actually a really fun place for concerts. I'd never been there before.
Mike and Kenna



Ty and I in our seats



All snuggled up dancing the night away
We were pretty close to the stage but could walk down even further to get an even better look!
Ok, I can not get over how much he reminds me of my brother in law Jon who is on a mission in Paris, France. They have the same mouth and chin or something!

Some fan had thrown him a Utes hat while he was singing so when he came out for his encore he switched the hat for his cowboy hat. What a crowd pleaser!
Thanks babe for such a fun night away. Can't wait until our next one :o)

2 comments:

. Megan and Dayton. said...

Cute pics Collie Rae! So the other day Mr. bean was on and it totally reminded me of you! Remember our Bean days... hahaha! And guess what, Jordon had never heard of mr. bean!!! Can you even believe that. So I told him how we used to watch it:)

Amber said...

Sounds like fun... you are always doing something fun I remember the Mr. Bean days, what was up with that?